Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Abandoning Blogger?

I am seriously thinking about switching blog platforms. And it's for one simple reason...

Blogger doesn't support Markdown (My last blog post was written using Markdown, but I had to jump through the proverbial hoops to get it to post on Blogger). I have recently fallen in love with Markdown, and it would be so awesome to be able to use it when blogging. However, Blogger doesn't support it.

I am looking into ways to make Blogger support Markdown. So far, no easy ways to do it. If I can figure it out, then I will not switch.

So what would I switch to? WordPress has some plugins that support Markdown. However, it seems buggy. So far, Tumblr seems like the best bet.

UPDATE: I am moving to WordPress! They have native Markdown support. Hasta la vista, Blogger.
For those who may wish to continue following me, the link to it is here: https://nerdychristiandemocrat.wordpress.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment