Friday, May 13, 2016

Recommitted to Christ

For you were going astray like sheep; but now have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
(1 Peter 2:25 WEB)

I never stopped going to Church (I’m a proud Episcopalian who takes my kids to Church every week), but i have not been living my life the way I should. I have allowed a couple addictions to take a foothold in my life, such as smoking. I have justified it, but could not make it feel right as long as I kept up with daily prayer and Bible reading. So I abandoned these essential Christian practices.

The night before last, I was watching a Christian movie on Netflix when it hit me like a ton of bricks just how far from God I was. So I finished that last smoke (I smoked a lot while watching tv), went to my bedroom and found my prayer book. I recommitted my life to Jesus Christ. I’m giving up my addictions, I’m recommiting to daily Bible reading and prayer. And I’m hoping to once again post regularily to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment